Agriculture and Biophotonics Division
Laser Development Division
Technical Services Division
Laser Matter Interaction Group Group
Study of the fundamentals of laser/ion matter interaction is the objective of this group. Special emphasis is on the generation of multiply charged metal ions, laser induced plasma, production and characterization of secondary ion and X-rays etc.
- Nd-YAG laser.
- Duoplasmatron ion source.
- Vacuum systems.
- HV power supplies.
- Current and voltage monitors.
- Permanent magnets.
- Electrical and mechanical feed-throughs.
- Laser matter interaction studies.
- Laser generated plasma research.
- Laser induced metal ion generation and characterization.
- Study of laser wavelength effects on the properties of highly charged metal (Al, Cu, Ag, W) ions produced by nanosecond pulsed laser.
- Effects of axial and radial magnetic fields on the charge state and energy of ions produced by nanosecond pulsed laser.
- Estimation of transient electric field inside the nanosecond laser produced metal plasmas.
- Investigation on the temporal behavior of plasma parameters (electron temperature and electron density) and ion charge loss in expanding laser produced plasmas.
- Ion Solid Interaction Studies.
- Design and development of ion source.
- Study of ion induced secondary electron yield measurements.
- Study of angular distribution of secondary ions.
- Study of ion induced photon emission.